Thursday, September 23, 2010

Best day of life.....

       Over the years, I have had several good and bad experiences. Looking back at life, I can pretty much go back to every decision of mine and find another possibility. The possibility- that might have turned a negative outcome to a positive one (or less negative for sure); and turned a positive outcome to a more favorable one. Recently I realized that (following the traditional mindset of learning from past and mistakes), I have been spending too much time on thinking about "WHY did I do that", "WHY did it happen to me", "I should have done it this way or that way". But now I realize that the inward focussed converations are sometimes pulling me down and becoming counter-productive to my intent of finding possibilities in pursuit of dreams.

I thought this through and now I have found something that is helping helping me come out of those "pulling-me down thoughts" very quickly and effectively. Here it is -

No one wants to make any decision that would result in a unfavorable outcome. So given the situation and the information available at the time of any decision; the path I chose was the best possible one. Later with the unknowns 'known', the decision made might appear to be 'not the best choice'. Although it is important to learn how I could have explored some more unknowns, but I need to leave it at that and move on. It is what I do from now on that will help me realize my dreams.

I now wake up and the first thing that I say (to myself) aloud is - THE BEST day to something in life is TODAY - and THE BEST TIME is NOW. I am at a better level of peace with myself. 

I would love to hear your experiences with this thought.

Cheers,
ab

2 comments:

idea said...

The search for happiness is the main reason of unhappiness.....

To tell one self "THE BEST day to something in life is TODAY - and THE BEST TIME is NOW." and as you said ,"I am at a better level of peace with myself. "means that one is not at peace and not syncronized with the beautiful existence of human being...................BE ING itself says to be in motion , to be rythmic ............

no doubt today is the best day and one should live in NOW ....but another secret of life is to overcome our inner sadness ..... and be both consciously and unconsciously happy at all times ............NOW and Ever after..................

cg

idea said...

best day of life is the day when one is born... Happy birthday ! as a soul is given the body to cleanse and move and shed all the burden It {our soul which has no gender }has ..... to cut our bonds and connections with individuals and move on the path of purity and TRUTH .......... which if we see and feel can be done everyday at every moment of NOW... so every day is a celebration ! as it is we become personalities because of our experiences in life...and as you also said ,to which i agree that the mysteries of unknown is to be known .........

realizing my dreams is a short term ,it shall be realizing myself to realize my dreams of truth ,GOD .

cg

Follow My Blog

About Me

My photo
I was born in the lap of Himalayas (Himachal Pradesh) in the home of educationalists. I grew up in an environment where asking questions was encouraged; and curiosity was considered foundation to enlightenment. I dedicate all my learning in life to those who encouraged me in my quest to “figure things out” and responded to my curiosities. Spiritual orientation helps me to accept possibilities beyond the realm of logic.