Wednesday, January 5, 2011

ME versus WE: Leadership Lessons from Animal Kingdom

Did you know that Cheetah, the fastest animal with a speed of up to 75miles per hour, has a hunting success rate of 50%. Since Cheetah depends on its speed to hunt, which it can only maintain for 450 meters or so; it can not afford to get injured. Hence even hyena steals the kill from Cheetah without much contest as Cheetah does not want to get into a conflict. Similarly, lion has a hunting success rate of 30%. As strange it might sound, Cheetah and Lion are not he greatest hunters in the animal kingdom.

On the other hand African wild dogs have a hunting success rate of 80%. They work in a team and communicate effectively to surround their prey. Their teamwork and well coordinated attack makes them more effective than the king of the jungle. That is the power of a TEAM i.e. Together Everyone Achieves More. 

No comments:

Follow My Blog

About Me

My photo
I was born in the lap of Himalayas (Himachal Pradesh) in the home of educationalists. I grew up in an environment where asking questions was encouraged; and curiosity was considered foundation to enlightenment. I dedicate all my learning in life to those who encouraged me in my quest to “figure things out” and responded to my curiosities. Spiritual orientation helps me to accept possibilities beyond the realm of logic.