Thursday, October 14, 2010

Don't Fear Obstacles...

A Karate Black-belt was demonstrating his skills. He was attempting to break two wooden boards held together by his assistant. He punches the set of boards only to hurt his knuckle, which started bleeding. He attempted again and with the same result. In his third attempt, he refocused and then punched the boards into two pieces. The assistance was mystified by this unusual happening as the master had never failed before. He asked the master reason for the failures in the first two tries. The master replied - "I made great mistake. Instead of looking through the board at your chest, I was focused on the boards. To do it right, you have to imagen a point past the point of impact."

If all we see are hurdles, we may never reach our destination. Look past the hurdles in life, not at them.

No comments:

Follow My Blog

About Me

My photo
I was born in the lap of Himalayas (Himachal Pradesh) in the home of educationalists. I grew up in an environment where asking questions was encouraged; and curiosity was considered foundation to enlightenment. I dedicate all my learning in life to those who encouraged me in my quest to “figure things out” and responded to my curiosities. Spiritual orientation helps me to accept possibilities beyond the realm of logic.