Monday, October 4, 2010

Doing Your Best

Whatever the game, and whatever the odds,
The winning is all up to you;
For it isn't the score, and it isn't the prize,
That counts when the playing is through!

In the great game of Life, it's the purpose to win, 
And the courage to fight to the end
That determines for you what degree of success
Will be scored to your credit my friend.

The best you can do may not be quite enough
To defeat your opponents today;
But you never can lose, and you never can fail,
If you put all you've got in your play;

And the greatest reward that your efforts can bring,
Is the fact that you stood to the test -
That you played a clean game, and fought a good fight,
And you always were doing your best!!!
 

No comments:

Follow My Blog

About Me

My photo
I was born in the lap of Himalayas (Himachal Pradesh) in the home of educationalists. I grew up in an environment where asking questions was encouraged; and curiosity was considered foundation to enlightenment. I dedicate all my learning in life to those who encouraged me in my quest to “figure things out” and responded to my curiosities. Spiritual orientation helps me to accept possibilities beyond the realm of logic.