Thursday, November 4, 2010

Why Buddha's Face is Facinating to Me....

I have been collecting Buddha pictures and statues for a while now. I was not sure why that beatific smile on his face always attracted me and offered me feeling of blissful peace.

My curiosity was addressed in one of the books by Osho. If you see Buddha images from across the world, unlike other God images, Budha's images are more or less the same. Because these images were not intended to represent how 'THE PERSON'  Buddha physically looked; but the images were manifestation of how he felt within. The images are outcome of Bodhic research, and the face proportions are meant to represent tranquility of an enlightened soul.

That thought demystified the reason for Buddha's magnetic Smile for me. 
How we are within is definitely manifested on our expression seen by the world. Having good virtues, integrity and truthfulness definitely brings inner peace; and that inner peace is reflected in our everyday interactions with people. So to win hearts - be at peace with yourself and keep smiling....

May all of us are able to develop Buddha Smile! 

No comments:

Follow My Blog

About Me

My photo
I was born in the lap of Himalayas (Himachal Pradesh) in the home of educationalists. I grew up in an environment where asking questions was encouraged; and curiosity was considered foundation to enlightenment. I dedicate all my learning in life to those who encouraged me in my quest to “figure things out” and responded to my curiosities. Spiritual orientation helps me to accept possibilities beyond the realm of logic.